Thursday, September 10, 2015

We have walls

Once the framing starts on a house it's truly exciting.  Again, without ceilings and actual drywall, it looks smaller than it is.  I still can't wrap my head around this one but let's move on.


There she is, only one story so far and I think it looks so funny.  I don't know why but I laughed when we pulled up.  It just looked so small to me compared to the other finished homes.  The garage isn't framed yet but you can see the foundation there on the left.



There's Jason standing in what will be the walkway between the living room and kitchen.   





This is our morning room, as they call it.  We plan on using this space as our dinning room and I love that we have windows on all sides.  There is so much natural light flooding into the house.  We back up to a pond so it's nice to have the view of the water.  At our old house we had trees in our backyard which was great for privacy but not so fun for all the leaves that fell each year.  This house is going to be great since there's none of that.  I do miss that view though but Jay is excited for the pond view.




Another view from in the corner of the living room looking out.  The kitchen is across, along with our garage entry and powder room.  

Progress is progress and this has been coming along quickly so far.  Once the second story is up I'll share that!  Thanks for stopping by.

Christine 

No comments:

Post a Comment