Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Current Kitchen Views

My favorite room in the house has got to be our kitchen.  I was lucky enough in this house that I got the white kitchen I wanted.  I love the timeless and airy feeling white gives and couldn't be happier.  I know this is a brand new space but there are still lots of things I want to do with it to really make it ours.  

We didn't choose a backsplash when we were building as we saved money in certain places and this was one of them.  I'm happy that we didn't though because I have had way more time to think about it and still think I'm pretty much set on a white subway tile but we'll see.  I love the marble subway tile but think it will compete with our Torquay Cambria Quartz counter tops.  This is the style I'm picturing and again, I'm sure will be the winner.
source  


As you can see there's a lot of white but I love it.  I've also added one touch of the holidays with my garland above the cabinets, I couldn't resist.  We get a lot of light in here as the whole wall to the right is full of windows.  I love natural light.


I love that we have a large island, it's seven feet wide is great!  Our barstools are from the first table we had together in our apartment and work great here until I can find anything else.  The runner is an oldie from Target but works for now.  I have blues and greens in my design plans along with grays and whites so this red/orange mix isn't working for me.  


The teapot and what I'm using as a utensil holder are my favorite pops in our kitchen as of now.  Mackenzie Child if you're interested and you should be haha.

So there you have a sneak peak into our kitchen.  Things will change, paint color, backsplash, pendant lights, bar stools, new rugs....I'm excited for these changes as they will really make the space ours.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment