Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Dining Room Inspiration

For our home I know I want a nice bright, airy and clean space.  I've been following so many bloggers and interior decorators on Instagram for inspiration for some time now.  I could sit on Instagram all day just looking at pictures, kind of crazy I know.  

One room I've been searching high and low for is our dining room.  We will definitely need a new table that seats at least 8, even more would be a plus.  I love the farmhouse look, that big chunky wood just makes me smile.  Of course the only two tables I can find that fits my needs are from Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware.  Yes, these tables are on the pricey side but also this will be a piece we have forever that's the plan anyway.I've been searching sites like Wayfair and Overstock to find a similar item and I've come close but these tables still win so far...






The restoration hardware table extends to seat up to 16 people in the 84" size I'd like to get, which is amazing.  We really want to host for holidays and make some new traditions in our home so seating is key.  This table will seat 10 without the extensions and I'm not sure if that's too big on it's own.  Again, I'm still looking here but want the possibility of extending the table that large.

As for chairs...I've always loved the look of tufted chairs and while I'm afraid them may not be practical I think they would make a great statement at the head of the table.  I think finding the table is hard but when it comes to the chairs I'm sure I'll have just as much trouble...I'm very indecisive, it's a problem, I know.  I'm sure that we will be visiting plenty of furniture stores in our area once we are on the hunt and hope we find something like this table or even better.  If we can't find anything I have a feeling this pottery barn table will end up in our home and I will love it forever.  

Hoping for a closing date soon so we can start putting our home together!

Christine   

No comments:

Post a Comment